I’ve spent my life being told that I’m entertaining so I shouldn’t be surprised.
That sounds arrogant doesn’t it? I mean for most of my life people have found me entertaining for a lot of the same reasons as people find everyone in my family entertaining—you never know what we’ll come out with next.
Also, I was once told by someone that they couldn’t understand how I managed to be both shockingly intelligent and mind blowingly stupid at the same time and what can I say? It’s a gift. And seems to be why people find me so entertaining.
I was tagged by the lovely Krystin @ Here’s The Fucking Twist for this award! I am finally getting to it and I am excited! So thank you for the tag Krystin!
Past Grey Tags Awards
☁️ Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
☁️ Add the rules so others can follow.
☁️ Answer the questions that have been asked.
☁️ Nominate a handful of entertaining bloggers.
1. What is the most overrated/over-hyped book, in your opinion?
I’m going to give a whole series as an answer because it’s my post and I’ll do what I like.
│Throne of Glass Series│Sarah J Maas│
Listen it just wasn’t very good…and it didn’t get much better.
I gave it a good try, but unfortunately it was a struggle to read. Also I found that the collection of novellas was much more enjoyable so it was hard trying to go back to the rest of the series.
2. Name an overused book trope that others hate, but you love.
This is a good question that I’m not sure i have an answer to?
I guess all the tropes I love are ones that most people love too???
I love enemies to lovers or enemies forced to work together and become begrudging friends.
I guess unlikable female characters is one that a lot people seem to have a problem with and I love it. I will protect them with my last dying breath.
Books I’ve read with unlikable female characters and have enjoyed are;
│The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo│Taylor Jenkins Reid│
│Genuine Fraud│E. Lockhart│
│Asking for It│Louise O’Neill│
│Black Iris│Leah Raeder/Elliot Wake│
│Shades of Magic Series│V.E. Schwab│
3. What’s a book you used to love, but have since realized was actually terrible?
oh my, so many!
│Twilight Series│Stephanie Meyer│
│The Mortal Instruments Series│Cassandra Clare│
│Thirteen Reasons Why│Jay Asher│
4. Do you DNF books? Why or why not?
I do DNF books. I don’t have a lot of time or a great attention span. The latter makes it impossible for me to get through books I don’t find interesting or engaging enough and the form means I don’t have time to waste on books that are problematic or just making me plain angry.
5. What’s the one thing about a book that is guaranteed to make you TBR it?
It’s written by V.E. Schwab.
- Shealea @ Shut up, Shealea
- Kat @ Novels and Waffles
- Madeline @ Caffeine & Writing Dreams
- Melanie @ Mel To The Any
- Norrie @ Reading Under the Blankie
- Rae @ bookmarkchronicles
- What book do you wish you had when you were a teen?
- What’s a book that you identify with most? The one that has the most representation that feels catered just for you?
- What book would you love (and be nervous) to see be made into a screen adaption?
- What is your favourite thing that makes your reading life easier?
- Whats your earliest bookish memory?
Past Grey Tags
That was super fun!
Have you read any of these books?
Feel free to do this tag or just answer any of the questions in the comments if you’d like!