I am feeling the love guys!
I have been gone for months and I know I haven’t been forgotten because while I was gone I was nominated for this award by the always sharp and murdery Krystin @ Here’s The Fucking Twist!
Go and check out her answers to the questions she was given! Or even just check it out just to see photos of her super fucking cute pets!
This award is great because there’s such a variety of questions and answers and it helps bring exposure across the blogging world!
AND it’s run by an Aussie so I’m inclined to like it that little bit more!
Honestly, these are all super great questions and I have no idea how the hell I’m going to come up with my own!
I’m the worst at coming up with questions. I always hated whenever I was assigned to interview someone is school because it meant I had to socialize for one, and then on top of that I had to create questions for the people I was being forced to talk to!
That makes it sound like I hate being tagged in things like this…I promise I don’t!
The reason I much prefer these types of things than the assignments from high school years past is because I get to socialize in the comfort of my own home, behind a screen with other introverts who love books as much as I do!
I’ll still struggle to come up with questions though.
I have too many favourite characters and most of them would probably try and kill me.
Maybe I’m struggling so much to choose one because I don’t really want any of them to come to life. I might be the only one here, but I like my favourite characters in their books because honestly?
I’m scared I might not like them in real life! Also, how am I going to enjoy my favourite books if all the characters are just out and walking about in my world?
If I had to pick I might choose Monty from The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue.
Just to get his version of Shakespeare works because that would be hilarious!
2. What Popular Book Do You Actually Hate?
I absolutely hated that book, liked the second one though but God damn was the first one hard to get through.
Tamlin reminded me of everything I hate. Feyre’s choices made me want to scream and Nesta pissed me off any time she was on the page.
3. If You Have A Boat, What Would You Name It?
Well, this is a question I wasn’t expecting!
It would probably be something literary because that’s how I name almost everything.
After my favourite character Lila Bard from the Shades of Magic Series!
4. Favourite Quote?
Oh god, there are so many! I can never just pick one!
So, I’ll pick one that I recently came across last night and that I shared with my mum. It very poignant for us after the last year.
A woman’s first blood doesn’t come from between her legs but from biting her tongue. -Meggie Royer, The No You Never Listened To
5. What Is The Scariest Book You’ve Ever Read And Why?
I’ve not read any really scary books but I have read one that was so creepy it had my heart pounding.
Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell.
6. List Your Top 3 Favourite Movies Of All-Time.
Krystin! Why are you trying to make me so decisive! This is just plain cruel!
☁️ Love, Simon
☁️ She’s The Man
I’m going to cheat and also add the first two Kingsman movies here as well because I fucking love them for the same reason I love She’s The Man – they’re fucking ridiculous and I have a crush on the main character
☁️ Thor Ragnarok
They’re the three that come to mind first, but I could probably have given a list of 20!
7. What’s Your Favourite Ice Cream Flavour
Usually anything with lots of chunks of stuff in it! I don’t like just normal plain ice cream. After my year long obsession with Ben and Jerry’s in 2015, I can’t go back to basics!
But if I could to pick up any ice cream I’d probably go with the Clusterfluff from Ben and Jerry’s!
It’s peanut buttery goodness and also I just really love saying Clusterfluff.
And now that I’ve googled it, it looks like they don’t have it in Australia anymore!
I guess I should pick another one then!
I really like the Connoisseur Matcha Green Tea one!
I also just discovered the Connoisseur Hazlenut Icecreams and OMG I could inhale those if I didn’t have any self-control.
8. Who Would You Want To Play You In A Movie About Your Life SO Far?
That means I need to pick someone my age!!
God, I have no idea.
But she’d have to wear a wig or dye her hair.
9. When You’re Having A Bad Day, What Do You Do To Make Yourself Feel Better?
☁️ I read or watch Youtube.
A couple of years ago I was getting really moody when I was PMSing and would go out of my way to get into to arguments so mum would just yell at me to go watch Youtube for a while and calm down.
☁️ If I want to use my brain then I’ll usually blog.
Usually, all I need is to just write a post where I vent about everything and get it out of my system and then delete most of it, just keeping a little bit in my post.
☁️ If I want my brain to turn off completely then I watch trashy reality TV.
If I want to feel like my life is less of a shit show, then shows like Real Housewives are great. If I just want a laugh and maybe a little cry then RuPaul’s Drag Race is always a good option.
☁️ If I just need to cry, like get it all out, then watching something I know will have me crying is always good.
I tend to pick up Grey’s Anatomy for this. But more often than not I’ll stumble onto something sad when I need it.
☁️ If I just need a really good laugh through my tears, then progressive sitcoms work wonders.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine helped me get through a particularly bad time.
Seriously it was the only thing that could stop me from crying for so much as a split second one night.
10. What’s your Favourite Season?
It’s the perfect mix of cold but not too cold that it makes my FMS flare up and cause pain.
11. What Books Do You Have On Request At The Library?
Go by when I’m writing this up it’s
☁️ Lumberjanes, Vol 9
☁️ Lumberjanes, Bonus Tracks
☁️ Rat Queens, Vol 5
☁️ Giant Days, Vol 7
☁️ Giant Days, Extra Credit
☁️ Princeless: Raven the Pirate Princess, Book 2
☁️ I Hate Fairyland, Vol 3
☁️ Raw. Vegan. Not Gross.
I always have a lot of holds on at any given time because I put a hold on the next graphic novel of my favourite series as soon as I finish the one previous because they take the longest to get a hold of usually.
- What TV series best represents your life?
- What do you think is your true identifier? (You know the thing people say when they’re trying to tell someone who they’re talking about but one or both people don’t know your name.)
- What is one lesson that you want to bestow on the generation below you?
- If your pet could text you, what kind of texts would you get from them? (If you don’t have a pet right now, any pet you’ve had will do!)
- Describe your life in 10 hashtags.
- What’s your craziest ‘I can’t fucking believe this happened to me/I can’t believe I did that’ story?
- Which author would you want to turn your life into a book?
- Who is your internet crush? Someone who you talk to online. Can be an ‘I want to date you’ crush or a friend crush!
- What is your favourite recipe? Share it!
I just want recipe ideas.
- What would your drag name be?
- What book/TV show/film do you think is highly underrated? Give it a shout out!
- Jillian @ Jillian The Bookish Butterfly
- Destiny @ Howling Libraries
- Melanie @ Mel To The Any
- Avery @ Red Rocket Panda
- Nicole @ The Bookworm Drinketh
- Em @ Runaway With Dream Thieves
- Marie @ Drizzle And Hurricane Books
- Jamieson @ Jamishelves
- Carrie @ Carrie’s Book Reviews
- Dani @ Touch My Spine Book Reviews
- Olivia @ Purely Olivia
I know you’ve already done this twice but I really want to see your answers to my questions so I’m tagging you again for selfish reasons.
However, you don’t have to do it if you feel twice is enough.
I look forward to reading everyone’s answers!
Coming up with these questions were really hard but I’m actually pretty proud of the ones I came up with!